Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Tragedy Strikes My Cupcake World


O M G  -- What am I going to do???  The cupcake papers have come off the better texture/tasting lemon cupcakes!  This CAN'T happen with wedding cupcakes!

Wonderful lemon cupcakes - horrifying cupcake wrappers!

This is the absolutely FIRST TIME EVER that this has happened.   With decades of cupcake baking under my proverbial belt, how could this possibly have happened NOW?  The liners were the ones I used with the Easter cupcakes and there was no problem at all!  In fact, I remember thinking that the batter on this particular recipe acted similarly to the white wedding cake recipe I used for the Easter cupcakes and I thought it must have something to do with only using egg whites.

There were signs that this was happening, but since I'd never seen it before I didn't recognize it.  Not that there would have been anything I could do about it but ...

Now I've searched on the internet for the cause of this TRAGEDY and found no definitive answer! It's comforting  that I'm not the only one to have this problem -- but that doesn't help AT ALL.

The best remedy I found was in Sunday Belle  http://www.sundaybelle.com/making-the-cupcake-liner-stick-to-the-cupcake/     (Strangely enough, I found a kindred soul in this blog - mixing fashion and baking!)

Now I'm going  to make the cupcake recipe that caused the peeling a couple more times and see if her suggestions help.  If not, I've got to use a different batter or figure out some way around the peeling paper dilemma.

Oh, and as I'm wailing over this mysterious tragedy, hubby says the Easter cupcakes had started peeling when he took them to work, but he just thought it was because they were in a plastic container.

Obvious which wrappers are a problem - but why?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, thank so you much for linking me! haha, oh my god, you do fashion/baking too? I need to follow your blog now. :P those cupcakes look GOOD, by the way, aside from the peeling!

    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! :) Trying to add you to my blogroll - computers hate me. LOL My other blog is a total disaster for that reason. Thanks, too! Gotta say - *I* think the cupcakes are great! Just ugly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one's your other blog? I might be a little bit stupid but I can't find it.

      And aww, thanks :)

      x
      Angie
      sundaybelle.com

      Delete
    2. My other blog is www.bctreasuretrove.com/blog I'm ashamed that I haven't posted there lately. It's done in wordpress and it is definitely smarter than I am! I'm having it worked on right now. "They" say wp is so easy. HA!

      Delete
  3. hahaha, aww! well you'll get the hang of it I'm sure. I'll follow that one too x

    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete